Monday, March 19, 2012

The Shred

A couple years ago I attempted Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. FAIL!!
I've decided to try it again! So far, I have completed 7 days. Only 24 more days to go! Oh boy, I'm so close to the finish -NOT!

Yesterday WOULD have been my 7th day buuuuuuut, my St. Patrick's Day party the night before was a little too much fun! Instead of doing 20 minutes of exercising, I took a 2 hour nap. ALSO, I had a couple yummy rolls from Texas Road Roadhouse, along with a sugared-up strawberry daiquiri! That's not all folks...later I had an oreo shake. OOPS! I got back on track today and did the workout. Day 7 was cake!!

Anyhow, I am posting about The Shred because I'm hoping if I tell people about it I will stick to it. 30 days seems like a long time, but it's only 25 minutes a day!! I think I can handle that. Oakley likes to exercise with me, so it's something I can do at home and still spend time with her. If she doesn't want to exercise then I tell her it's my time so DON'T BUG ME!
I was a little sore for the first couple days, but feeling sore feels really good!

Sooooo....who's with me? Let's do The Shred! Jillian Michael's is one bad ass chick, she wants to make you sore, too :)  Please somebody do it with me, I'm so lonely in the shred world! Let me know if you do, then we can talk about it.

Click on this link to go to Amazon.com, search "Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred" and buy it for only about $8! You will also need some hand weights. I use 3 pounders (I could probably use heavier ones on MOST of the exercises). I got mine from Wal-Mart a couple years ago.

There are 3 different workouts. I created a log in Excel that has 10 squares for each workout (10 days per workout). I printed it out and I write the date in a square each time I "shred". Also, on your sheet record your beginning weight and measurements and then your ending when you are done. I had JD take pictures of me so I can see the difference after 30 days.
I was going to put my log on here for downloading, but I don't know how. Does anyone know how to do that? Teach me!


Eating Healthy Tips:
Yes, I said healthy, NOT diet! I do not believe in diets. The food pyramid is very important; your body needs all the nutrition. Don't deprive it! OBVIOUSLY, I'm not the best at eating healthy (I hope my 24 year old metabolism stays with me forever! As if, right?). There are ways to "skinny" up everything. Eat whole-grain breads, reduced fat cheese, sugar free treats, etc. Most of my recipes don't taste very different if I use reduced fat and sugar free foods.

Want motivation? Or, just something to read everyday for entertainment? Check out www.mamalaughlin.com. Not only does this lady talk about her progress and help others be motivated, but she is so freakin funny! One time she talked about sharting while she was running- not shy at all! (Thanks Lacy for introducing me).

PS- Do you like Oakley's new sunglasses? SO CUTE!! $6 at Old Navy.



No comments:

Post a Comment